Pons, Matty and James H, all winners in my book for different reasons.
Pons - great scene, car throwing stones, sideways, doesn't look out of place with a Fiesta and wouldn't look out of place with a Escort. Great processing too!
Matty - great colours, perfect composition - avoiding the usual three quarter bottom left/right shot - everything works.
James H - great action, pin sharp and staring straight in to the car. Only crit - I think it would've benefitted from being a little wider - not huge amounts, just to give a little more of the background people/scene.
thanks dave, understand about the crop was a bit tight in the frame to start but appreciate the acknowledgement, after your post the winners will came out though! think ryan, james ward, and rhodri will be the ones fighting for the top spots nice end to the year with some great shots
_________________ James Hatfield "here for a good time, not a long time"
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:00 am Posts: 3851 Location: Cambridgeshire
Hopefully Ben will post his results up soon for his final stint as a judge. Many thanks to him for stepping in last year and doing a grand job of it.
We now have a new judge for this year, and all will be revealed when I get the competition threads for this year setup and running in the next few days.
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:00 am Posts: 1896 Location: Resolfen / Neath
SkodaRallyFan wrote:
Hopefully Ben will post his results up soon for his final stint as a judge. Many thanks to him for stepping in last year and doing a grand job of it.
We now have a new judge for this year, and all will be revealed when I get the competition threads for this year setup and running in the next few days.
Cheers,
Simon.
Good news Si, I have a sneaky feeling about who it may be...
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:49 am Posts: 688 Location: worcester
No Andy Burton ,no Red ,screaming beast of the stages ,no comp,all a bit boring . They say the 1400s were the best in Somerset,and the BRC is a joke . Still the Fishing is good this spring .
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:00 am Posts: 3851 Location: Cambridgeshire
Been so busy at work I've barely had any time to even look on here, but got a few days off now, and have setup the 2014 Competition.
Please see the Rules thread for details of closing dates (and new judge).
Pons is sadly right, being so busy at work I've not been to any rallies yet this year and to be honest I've not missed it at all. Lots of long journeys to stand around and take 1000's of photos that few people are interested in, and apart from maybe the top 10 cars it holds little interest either these days - I'm sure its great fun and frantic from inside the cars for everyone doing it, but its certainly not holding my attention any more and finding that after half hour you wish it was over so you could go home doesn't say much for the state of the sport any more.
I'll see what I make of the Plains Rally next month, but if that doesn't inspire me with some of the most spectacular stages in the country, then there may well be a lot of camera gear up for sale soon...
Whats wrong with steam trains,hard shot to get,rules say doesnt have to be flying subject,I know its not the flying Scotsman as its Severn Valley Railway
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum